There are no available positions open at this time.
Title: Intern at Locust Projects
Duration: Full: 3-4 months / High school: 2-3 months
Hours: Full: 10 hours per week commitment / High school: 5 hours per week
(with the potential to contribute more time for special events)
This internship is available to individuals who seek an in-depth learning experience towards the exhibitions, events, and development activities of a celebrated non-profit contemporary art organization. Interns work directly with Locust Projects staff and contribute to the contemporary art community in Miami. Internships are unpaid. The best candidates will be undergraduates or recent college graduates, though high school internships are also available. The focus of the internship is in one of three areas:
- Programming: Work directly on our experimental exhibitions, lectures, special events, and with our artists. This is the content of the organization.
- Development: Learn about the important strategies for fundraising and growth for a non-profit organization.
- Communications: Learn valuable PR and marketing skills required for any organization as you support our press, community contacts, and public image.
- New Media: Work directly on our digital media content via graphic design, video and audio related projects. Skills ￼￼in Photoshop, Illustrator and HTML are highly desirable.
For further information contact: email@example.com or 305.576.8570
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with INTERNSHIP as subject.
- Include your CV
- Describe which internship you are applying for, your area of interest, understanding of Locust Projects’ mission & any relevant experience with contemporary art.
- Include two references (email address and phone number.)
Applicants who do not submit all the required items may be eliminated from the selection process.
Send / deliver materials to:
3852 North Miami Avenue
Miami, FL 33127
SPRING: Application Due January 3, 2016. Duration: January – April.
SUMMER: Application Due April 15th. Duration: May - August.
FALL/WINTER: Application Due August 15th. September – December.