Call to MFA Candidates
Nick Gilmore, LAB MFA: Quick Millennia, 2013.
Image credit Ginger Photography and courtesy of Locust Projects.
Opportunity: LAB MFA
Eligibility: Artists currently enrolled in MFA studio art programs in the U.S. during spring 2017
Opening Reception: Saturday, July 15, 2017
Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2017
Locust Projects announces a national open call to graduate-level artists for an exhibition at Locust Projects’ LP 03 space during the summer of 2017. We are accepting applications for individual or collaborative projects. All artists must be currently enrolled in an MFA program during the spring of 2017. Locust Projects provides a stipend for project related costs and travel, and artists will be accommodated at Locust Projects’ residence house. The exhibition will culminate with a public opening reception on Saturday, July 15, 2017.
- Artist resume or CV. Please include artist contact information.
- Project proposal (500 word max.), including budget for supplies (up to $1,000)
- Images/renderings of proposed artwork for Locust Projects’ space 1 and/or space 3 (LP 01 and/or LP 03 on the floor plan.) The floor plan is available here
- Artist Statement (max. 250 words)
- Images: 8 images of recent/ related work
- Caption list for images
- Letter of recommendation from a current professor
Please note Locust Projects no longer accepts applications via email or post.